Review: A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas

Monday 8 May 2017


A Court of Wings and Ruin | Sarah J. Maas | Published May 2nd, 2017
Rating:
Goodreads | Book Depository


Oh my god.

When a book is hyped so much and you have to wait a whole year for it to come out, there's always that nervousness about whether it's going to live up to that hype. I loved ACOMAF so much and wanted this to be just as good and... it absolutely was. It was pure perfection.

The book focuses mainly on the inner circle of the Night Court and the battle against Hybern. The courts have to rally together to stand a chance of defeating them and this inevitably results in messy politics and wariness about who to trust.

What makes a great fantasy novel, for me, is when a world is completely immersive and fleshed out. I love when previous plot points come back to the forefront and something that seemed small or insignificant can be integral to the plot later on. When everything is woven together and nothing happens just for the sake of it and there are plenty of twists and turns to keep you on your toes. Sarah J Maas is a master of creating that type of story and ACOWAR was no exception.

Feyre and Rhys (oh, how I love Rhys) are very much the leads here but the entire inner circle are developed and given ample time for us to learn even more about them. Elain and Nesta also have their own important parts to play. I love their interactions and the bond that they have with one another.

This entire series is one of the best (if not the best) fantasy series that I have read. I thought it would be hard to beat the perfection that is ACOMAF but I should have known better. Sarah knows how to write a bloody good story and I can't wait to see what other stories she's going to give us from this world. 5 stars isn't enough!


Follow me:
g

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS