The Goodreads Tag

Monday 26 February 2018


I don't do many tags but I've seen this one around a little and I'm a big fan of Goodreads so I thought it would be a good one to do. Credit goes to the original tag creator (unfortunately I don't know who that is, sorry!)

What was the last book you marked as 'read'?
Lost For Words by Stephanie Butland. I loved this book! It's a mystery set in a bookshop and the main character, Loveday, is someone who prefers books to people and spends her time working in a secondhand bookshop. I loved the setting (what bookworm wouldn't?!) and highly recommend it.

What are you currently reading?
I'm currently reading The Girl Before by J.P. Delaney which is a psychological thriller. I really love a good thriller so I'm hoping for this to be a fast paced full-of-twists kind of book. I can't say much yet as I've only just started but fingers crossed.

What was the last book you marked as 'to-read'?
The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black. This is the third book in the The Cruel Prince series (I added the second book too) and I didn't actually realise until now that there were titles already! I loved The Cruel Prince though and can't wait to read the next one.

What book do you plan to read next?
I usually don't decide on what to read next until I'm finished my current read (unless it's a series and I already have the next one). I have a few on my immediate TBR though including How to Stop Time by Matt Haig and The Fandom by Anna Day so it may be one of those.

Do you use the star rating system?
I do use the star ratings and I (along with many others) wish they would introduce half stars.

Are you doing a 2018 reading challenge?
Yes! I'm aiming to read 50 books in 2018. I have currently read 6 so I need to get a move on!

Do you have a wishlist?
I don't have a wishlist, actually. I've thought about making one but to be honest I find it easier just to ask for specific books when it's my birthday etc.

What book do you plan to buy next?
A lot of my book purchases are impulse buys but I will definitely be buying A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas.

Do you have any favourite quotes, would you like to share a few?
I love "It is likely I will die next to a pile of things I was meaning to read." (Lemony Snicket) because it is just so true.

I also love "After all this time? Always." which is a Harry Potter classic.

Who are your favourite authors?
I love Sarah J. Maas, Rainbow Rowell and J. K. Rowling.

Have you joined any groups?
I am a member of a few groups but I am terrible at keeping up with them. I would like to participate in more bookish chats though so I should really make more of an effort.

How many shelves do you have on Goodreads?
I like simplicity and just have four shelves: Read, Currently Reading, Want to Read and Did Not Finish.




I won't tag anyone specific so if you fancy doing it, go ahead!

Do you use Goodreads? It really helps me to stay organised and I find it so useful for discovering new books too. Feel free to add me as a friend over there and we can chat books. :)

Follow me:
g

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS